Re: HQuestions char creation - initiation and concentration

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 08:14:01 -0500

>From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
>
>ISTR that the rules say that the 20 points are only for improving the
>abilities in the 100 words / list method and not for creating new skills.
>So the answer to this would be that you would have to include it in your
>initial character definition. Though as I understand it being a member of
>3 subcults is unusual.

Yeah, looking at the enumeration for the list method, and the narrative method, one can get the idea that one is limited to just a certain set of keywords. But, perhaps problematically for some, it turns out that you can list as many keywords as you like. You only "must" list the three suggested. This could, theoretically, end up with characters who are just masses of keywords, however. In practice most people limit themselves to only the three indicated, because of a belief that this limit exists. From what I've seen.

> > For Orlanth, would the keyword be "Initiate of Orlanth" or "Initiate of
> > Orlanth (Thunderous)" or "Initiate of Orlanth Thunderous (Destor)"?

I think you just put down "Initiate of Destor" as the keyword, understanding that this implies Orlanth Thunderous.

Mike

Interest Rates NEAR 39yr LOWS! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,299/mo - Calculate new payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-19132&moid=14888