Re: Re: Holmes in HQ

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd01_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 13:54:12 +0800

On 4/4/07, Jeff Wikstrom <jeffwik_at_...> wrote:
> That strikes me as a potentially reasonable point. IIRC Holmes is ignorant
> of a surprising breadth of topics not directly related to mystery-solving.
> One might assume that a "master detective" keyword would assume more a broad
> liberal arts education than Holms possesses.

I agree. I'd want to see any Sherlock Holmes write-up emphasize those things that define him rather than fit an ambiguous keyword to him. It's been a while since I've read the stories, but his key strengths are Deductive Reasoning and Observation, right? He has a cultural/homeland keyword, but I think he was created with the "as you go" method, perhaps eliminating an occupational keyword entirely (unless his occupation is Gentleman of Moderate Means or something similar).

Thanks,
Andy