Re: Tracking Multiple Actions within Extended Contests

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 08:59:20 -0700

> (I have personally ended up leaning towards you either get the AP shift or
> you
> get to mess with the abilities/situational modifiers, but not both for
> one.)

My thoughts have tended towards:

If you bid AP, it's just an AP shift, no matter how you describe it. If you perform an "unrelated action", you get position/situation modifiers, but not APs.
(And, "unrelated action" isn't the right phrase to use for this.)

So if you say:
"I leap onto the table and bash him, 15 AP", then the leap onto the table was just descriptive and has no further impact on the battle, like saying "I spin my spear around and hit him with the shaft". while if you say "I leap onto the table to get a height advantage" then no AP are changed, but next round you get +5 (or whatever) for being on the table.

RR