RE: Re: Tracking Multiple Actions within Extended Contests

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 15:19:37 -0500

>From: "Jamie" <anti.spam_at_...>
>
>Don't forget that Parting Shots, Desperation Stakes, Unrelated
>actions, Switching Abilities and AP Lending are all in the "Extended
>Combat Options" section of the rules.
>
>I therefore regard these as being optional rather than part of the
>core system.

Well... interesting thing is that these all have stop valves at the Narrator. All AP bids, whether they be desperation or not, all are approved by the narrator. What Ability a player can use (or wether to allow it with a modifier) is the Narrator's purview. Etc, etc.

The point being that I don't think you have to think of these as "optional." They are tools that exist for use when appropriate... and that's their normal state. I think all of this is rather well designed as is, actually.

Mike

Need a break? Find your escape route with Live Search Maps. http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?ss=Restaurants~Hotels~Amusement%20Park&cp=33.832922~-117.915659&style=r&lvl=13&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=1118863&encType=1&FORM=MGAC01