Re: Can anyone help with spirits and possession?

From: Bryan <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 16:36:22 -0000

Just a note to Matt: the intent was that the player characters do not go onto the madman's table--it is akin to jumping into a pit of -hungry lions, something only to be done by fools or great heroes. (Later in the player's careers if they need to use a weak spot to hell the mad man's table might work well, mind you). But for now they should most likely only be dealing with Mykka, the only one of the ghosts who is bound to the skirt of rubble around the table, and she should not be too hard to take on. If one character is having trouble others should be able to help out.

Also, this does not have to be the final point of the adventure. My first point form outline for a learning HQ scenario, which Jeff Kyer took and made into something much better and fully fleshed out, did not have this as the final point. If I recall correctly this was the stage to introduce a group simple contest, with the extended contest coming in the original final scene. I think the Madman's Table scene makes a much more dramatic climax, and the addition of Mykka adds real meaning to why the raven leads you there. Still, if you don't want a big fight, or you have players who have read the HQ book and you'd like to give them a twist, let me know and I can pass along some alternative continuations

Regards;

--Bryan