Re: Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: Glorantha, HeroQuest and metamagic (moved from WoG)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 20:28:12 +0100 (BST)

LC:
> > magic only supposed to ever be resisted by a
> personal ability (best relevant) or 14?

RR:
> Pretty much, yes.

And just to be sure: do we still have the idea that one should resist with a magical ability, and that mundane ones have it harder? Or not? There was an example of a tree being jumped over, IIRC: using magical jumping abilities, the (mundane) tree only had a Size of 14, but if you used mundane jumping at the same rating as your magical jumping, the tree could bring its full 10W2 or whatever to bear.

> (figuring that if you're not "In love 5w",
> you're not really In
> Love, I suppose - "In Love 17" is pretty weak, and
> would probably fall under "potential partner").

Erm.... while I can see your point, this makes me more doubtful than ever about the character generation system. Your PC is married. But even if they put their precious 20 points into the relationship with their spouse, they're not really going to be in love by this yardstick. Never mind the description of them and their children, they're beginning characters, so they can't feel strongly about anything. There's something wrong here!

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/