RE: Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: Glorantha, HeroQuest and metamagic (moved from WoG)

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_...>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 17:45:13 -0300

I think your "Estuary" is a bit off, Ash. Should be Wotcha, shirley?

Sure, you're right (for the way some people play it I s'pose)

But...I disagree that 17 is a low score; I tried to say that it isn't really low, but only becomes low when we start chucking abilities of 5W-plus all over the shop.

Your Bog-standard Mr. Seductive tries to seduce a PC with his Waxed 'tache 14 +2 Cheeky Grin = 16.
Hero(ine) Miss Faithful resists with Loves Mister Square Jaw 17

Those ratings are all fair enough, that's ballpark for a starting game, no?

Give Miss Faithful augments from Faithful (+2), Shy (+2), Not One for Facial Hair (+1); allow the addition of Mister Square Jaw's Desperately Handsome in a Kinda Dull Way +2 and she's on 4W. Pretty good. Same goes for the carpenter. If it's important to the story, loads of buttons are going to be pushed.

We start chucking abilities of 10W around and after a bit we start thinking 17 is low. (I believe.) Also, some of the abilities which come for free with keywords at 17 but don't really describe the character so well I think devalue those 17's somewhat.

Sam.