[WorldofGlorantha] Re: Ho Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 00:47:51 -0000

Rrrrorrry has it rrrright:
> Fetishes have several different "modes" of use.

etc. But then he says that the spirit has to go:

> to its otherworld home before returning to the fetish,
> which takes a day or so in most circumstances.

Most relatively peaceful circumstances, I suppose. But when you are raiding deep into enemy territory, for example, you may not have the time to do the necessary ritual. Or you might. The narrator gets to make in "interesting."

I have an example I use for myself whenever comparing theists and animists: the glorious Praxian raid Jaldon leads deeply among Sartarite ground-grubbing plant-herds. Not that we're planning anything like that . . .

Best,
Chris