Re: One System to Rule Them All (Was: Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: How Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?)

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 23:51:08 +0100 (BST)

Watcha all,

For the last 18 months I've been running a Gloranthan game for a bunch of people that don't really give a flying <insert rude word of choice in here> about the world and representing their characters in complete cultural verisimilitude. Within about three minutes of character creation starting I realised that the best way of doing things was ditch all the various special cases that clutter the system up and use one simple rule:

 "If it matters, it's an ability."

And, more to the point, they're all acquired and work in the same way. None of this concentrated vs unconcentrated stuff, forget the levels of worship - if you've got Worship Destor at a high level you're probably devoted. I only kept one cost multiplier and that was unrelated to story.

Other manifestations of this:

Cheers,

Ash