Re: Specialization, bad wording of the magic

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 02:42:36 +0200 (CEST)

light castle

> A tree wouldn't augment with its tall? Why on earth not? (It's actually an
> interesting interpretation, I just don't think I've encountered it
> before.)

Because Tree Leaping - a feat specifically designed to leap over a tree too high to leap over for a normal human - cancels out that advantage. Tallness of a tree might actually become a positive modifier for the leaper (if he wants to leap the tree and another obstacle as well, like Hofstaring escaping the battle of Boldhome in 1602). I don't recall where, but this was discussed in some detail to illustrate the kind of resistances one may face with a feat.