One System to Rule Them All (Was: Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: How Much Rule fiddl

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 09:32:11 -0000

Rory:

> For the record, I'm in favor of removing the "equipment" bonuses for
> non-ability weapons in all contests, especially including combat.

FWIW, I'm not. It shouldn't make much of a difference when Jar-Eel is fighting Harrek, and I'm all for it cancelling out when its equal (e.g. two Heortling weaponthanes fighting each other), but it doesn't feel right for it not to provide any advantage where there is an imbalance at lower levels. Armour would never have been invented if it was completely useless.

> Common magic - make it all augment-only, and forget about "where" it
comes
> from (ie, remove the "Feat/Spell/Charm/Talent" categorizations).

I concur with that one.

> Concentration - Rather than concentrate on a particular system of
magic,
> concentrate on a particular being. So you want to Be a Devotee of
Humakt?
> Great, you can't have any other kind of magic (even Common magic).

Again, that seems fair to me.

> Magi, possibly on their Familiar (since I haven't seen the Magi
> rules, I can't really comment - maybe instead of their familiar, on a
> particular School or Founder node. I haven't bothered to think much on
> them).

Magi don't necessarily have a familiar (although many do), so the first option won't work. School or Founder node might make sense, although, in some cases, that means they're concentrating on *themselves*...

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic