Re: One System to Rule Them All (Was: Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: How Much Rule fiddl

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:14:14 +0100 (BST)

> Robin:
>
> > Use additional
> > bonuses/augments only where the drama dictates
> that differences in armor should really matter.

Trotsky:
> Sorry, forgot to add: under what circumstances would
> it *not* matter? when wouldn't drama dictate that it
> matter? I'm struggling to think of an example.

OK, this may not be the best example in the world, but it happens to be current for me.

Swords campaign (where else?)
The Hero is part-way through a Humakti HQ - he's wandering around beating people up to get bits of Death back.

The Anti-hero is a YT devotee, member of the Marble Phalanx, who have been acting as Recurring Villains to the Heroes for some time, are down to about 50% of their previous numbers as a result, missing half their officers, and getting scared. He's doing the "YT fights Humakt, self-resurrects, and wins" quest.

The two quests are about to meet. There will be a Big Fight between these two. Weapons do matter: the YT guy is using a sword he nicked from the Humakti hero earlier, the Humakti is now using his second-best magical sword, and the shield with specific anti-Lunar magic in it.

But armour? I could probably look up what the Hero is wearing. (Oh. +3 mailshirt & helmet. Boring.) I have no idea what the YT has got, and none of us care. When I get describing it, both sides will be seeing different things anyway, since they're not really on the same quest. I may well have the YT looking like heavy armour to the Humakti, but something much lighter on the mundane.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/