Re: One System to Rule Them All

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:02:16 +0100 (BST)

> Robin:
>
> > Use additional
> > bonuses/augments only where the drama dictates
> that differences in armor should really matter.

Trotsky:
> Sorry, forgot to add: under what circumstances would
> it *not* matter?
>when wouldn't drama dictate that it matter? I'm
> struggling to think of an example.

Just thought of another one for you. A run of the "Peace Process" we did at some convention or other - Rob? Can you remember? Slight spoilers here, but....

The climatic fight turned out to be when the Humakti PC decided to kill someone he believed to be a traitor. I expect they both had armour on. They probably both had swords. Only things got all derailed when my Ernaldan flung herself in front of the probable traitor and said "kill him over my dead body!" or words to that effect, pitting her Love Husband against the Humakti's Kill Everything. I doubt if she had any armour on, nor a weapon. Significant difference there. And as far as I remember, we completely ignored it. If he decided to hit her, she was dead, we knew that. (He did. And she was.)

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/