Re: Armour Fiddling

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:05:10 -0000

Robin:

> Thanks also for continuing to answer my questions. This exchange will
> be helpful during the revision phase on the core rules.

I guess I don't mind if the rules are optional, so long as they are there, and relatively easy to find (e.g. a sidebar in the combat section, if there is such a thing). I'd originally got the impression that they wouldn't be, which had me worried.

It could be, as Jane said elsewhere, a matter of degree, and how much abstraction we're prepared to put up with before the lack of detail makes the world feel unreal. Clearly, by playing HQ at all, rather than, say, insisting on GURPS, I'm happy with pretty abstracted games. But abstracting weapons and armour into the character's combat rating is going just that bit too far to make me comfortable.

But, fair enough, optional rules will do fine.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic