Re: EquipmentFiddling

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:44:10 -0700

> Would it help you to know, as an analogy, that a PC of
> mine has an ability called "I've got a herb for that"?
> It includes the chances of her possessing a suitable
> herb for the occasion, as well as her ability to pick
> the right one and use it. Equipment abstracted into
> ability.

Sounds like a CoC character of mine - a prospector in the Arizona desert, he had a "I've got it here in my truck" skill at some percentage - the chance that he'd be able to find some off-the wall thing in the back of the truck. Dynamite? the October 1931 issuse of Life Magazine? A list of serial numbers of bills stolen in a bank heist? Who knows *what* is in the truck!

I found HW/HQ to model that sort of thing much better :-).

RR