Re: One System to Rule Them All

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:31:21 -0700 (PDT)

3.10. Re: One System to Rule Them All (Was: Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: How

    Posted by: "Robin Laws Mail List Only" tjaderoo_at_... tjaderoo     Date: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:14 pm ((PDT))

Robin:
> Robin's suggested method: Armor matters in the world. However, rather
> than introducing the extra calculation we have to perform each time,
> we assume that the value of the character's armor has already been
> factored into his base combat rating.

So, is one of the implications that, the ability keyword should be something like "Knight Style Fighting" so that, if the knight has to fight without armor or horse, he takes an improvisation penalty? (Other styles: Heortling Fyrdman, Heortling Huscarl, Bison Rider, Phalangite, Grazer Nomad, etc.?)

If so, does the style also encompass the terrain for which it is suitable so that unsuitable terrain means an improvisation penalty? Does "Elvish Style Fighting" get a penalty in the desert? Bison Riders in the mountains? Knights in the marsh? (The answer is obviously yes, but the question is whether the reason is that the stype of fighting encompasses the terrain.)

Chris