Re: Armour Fiddling

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 02:17:56 -0000

Nope. There may be some systems where it is, but GURPS is not one of them, AFAIK.

> The same could be true in RQ, where you could spend money on training
> or on equipment.

But there was at least a distinction between the two; a choice to be made that has obvious real-world parallels. As I've said elsewhere, this comes down to a matter of how much abstraction you're willing to accept, and unifying these two manages to just step over my personal threshold.

> BTW, I don't recall an Icelandic saga where armor plays a role

But then, I'm not really going for the feel of an Icelandic saga in my games, so that's fair enough.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic