Re: Re: Spirit Combat; magic; characters

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 18:23:10 -0400

> I'd treat this as a magical attack. Thus, you can defend with your
> most relevant ability (Strong Willed would be perfect). I don't think
> the highest magic would be relevant in this case, but if the
> character were designed such that no resisting abilities were at
> least 14 after improvisational modifiers, then yes, he'd defend with
> "inner reserves" (or some such) at 14.
>
> Jeff answered
>
> >You use something appropriate like Brave. The Sprit Combat skill is
> >only used to Initiate challenges.
>
> I'd certainly allow Spirit Combat here...

I should have phrased that better. What I meant to say was that Spirit combat lets you go hunting. If you are attacked by a spirit, of course you should be able to use Spirit combat (unless you've got something better in mind -- Brave vs Fear) But the Spirit Combat is the skill that would be used to actively attack or hunt down something like this. Or, when you've beaten it, to put it into a fetish or intergrate it.

Jeff