Re: Armour Fiddling

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:43:48 -0000

Rob Davis:

> I can't help but feel that these posts are missing each others points.
>
> The subsuming of armour, etc into the general 'Melee combat' skill is
> a simplification, thats all.

Sure; I'm quite prepared to accept this as much a matter of taste as anything else. It may also be worth mentioning that while existing HQ is pushing the limits of my acceptance of abstraction/simplification, most of my players would prefer something more crunchy. Which is why we use chained simple contests, and the like. One prefers RuneQuest to HeroQuest, while another would prefer something closer to the Buffy RPG (which I gather is quite narrativist, but not as abstract as HQ). So trying to sell them on a new edition that moves even further away from what they find ideal would not be an easy task. And maybe that's why it makes me edgy.

But optional rules should do me nicely.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic