Re: Re: Armour Fiddling

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:28:55 +0100 (BST)

> I don't have the
> sources at hand to quote numbers, but you need to be
> a pretty hot
> magician to get a magic augment which matches what
> you get from sword, shield and a mail shirt.

A good point. Let me take a quick look at the numbers: I believe a normal broadsword is a +3, so is normal armour, and a shield adds +1. It seems only fair that you'd use three different feats to get the same effect. For a +3 augment, you'd need 5W in the relevant feat if you're a Devotee, 10W if you're a concentrated initiate. So to use woad instead of armour, say, you need 10W, which doesn't seem all that unreasonable.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/