Re: One System to Rule Them All (Was: Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: How Much Rule fiddl

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 07:51:21 -0700

>>Well, we'll have to agree to disagree - I don't think it's up to *you* to
>>tell *me* how you think my fun will be facilitated.
>
> Then why should anyone ever write a new set of rules? After all, you could
> just modify Original D&D to fit how you play, right?

The problem is in giving an option and damning it at the same time. "Well, this is an option, but it isn't very good, and people that play with it are losers".

If you think something "isn't worth the bother", you don't include it. If you include it, you don't give a value judgement on it.

I'm not very interested in playing "ROBIN LAWS heroquest", I'm interested in playing HeroQuest.

Frankly, with what I've read so far, I am much less than enthused about the project, and predict that, if it comes out as I've seen so far, will be the end Heroquest as a semi-demi-quasi-popular system. Heroquest will fall into the great Discout Bin in the Sky, with a half-dozen people that play it religiously, and the rest either moving on to something else, or playing HQ 1st ed.

My own personal opinion, I don't really give a damn if you agree or don't RR