Re: Re: Mythic Russia, and Pyrrhic Victories

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:36:19 -0400

That's an interesting approach. And it is somewhat similar to one I have used in the past - which is simply that you have the choice of using an unrelated action to affect people directly.

Need to slander his reputation around town? You can go for an AP shift OR you can go for an unrelated action.

The idea is you always have a choice - AP shift to advance to wards resolving the conflict, or unrelated action to gain a mechanical advantage. The same action can be either/or. (But not both. The weird rambling one I posted last night allows for both.)

Now, one way to resolve this is to simply say that any and all bids in an extended contest can also count as a mechanical advantage. That can work, too. I tend to want something a bit more rigorous than that, hence the either/or split.

LC