Re: One System to Rule Them All (Was: Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: How Much Rule fiddling Is Tolerable?)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 16:09:09 +0100 (BST)

> > yes, this is what I dislike about it. Unless
> combat is
> > a special case (and why should it be?), all it
> means
> > is you add +3 to everything, every time.

Jacob:

> That was exactly why I dropped equipment bonuses
> from my game. Especially
> odd, to me, was the fact that you would never roll
> against, say, your Sword
> Combat total: either you have a sword, in which case
> you get a bonus, or you
> don't - in which case it's an improvisation penalty.

Though, to be fair, the campaign I run is full of Humakti. Their equipment bonuses are large, complex, and do not often involve a +3. There are still times when you need this system, and times when you don't, so having it as an option seems like a good idea to me.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/