Re: Re: Armour Fiddling

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 07:55:02 +0100 (BST)

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Jane Williams wrote:
>
> > It seems only fair that you'd use three different
> feats to get the same
> > effect. For a +3 augment, you'd need 5W in the
> > relevant feat if you're a Devotee, 10W if you're a
> > concentrated initiate.
>
> Except that concentration or devotee status doesn't
> matter, since you can
> augment with the affinities without any need to drag
> feats in to this.

You know, that seems terribly wrong. The numbers are as you say, I agree. But there's a feat called Armour of Woad that requires you to Brew Woad in the first place, and presumably to wear no armour, and to get a friend to paint you with squiggly lines, and is generally Cool Stuff. The idea that you could get just as good a result by saying "I augment with my combat affinity" seems dramatically wrong.

Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html