Re: Mythic Russia, and Pyrrhic Victories

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:40:17 -0700

Mike

>Player: My character wants to run all the way to Marathon to deliver the
>message.
>Narrator (Measuring Map): Dude, that's like, 26 miles 385 yards... that'd
>probably kill him to get there running all the way.

I keep thinking this is a silly discussion. I mean, I had someone who worked for me run a marathon. It didn't kill her.

So if we're supposed to use our knowledge of the real world (in a way we can't for magic), it would never cross my mind to have a character die from running to deliver a message.

--

David Dunham