Inventing new myths

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 11:09:31 +0100

In message Digest Number 94, David Cake writes

> Of course, it helps if, like the SFC, you have several
>players with a vast knowledge of Gloranthan myth and legend.

or, probably, players with virtually no knowledge, since no one will get into arguments as to whether the myth is "right" or "appropriate". The "nightmare scenario" would be an inventive player with little or no Gloranthan Knowledge, and a "by the book" RQ Grognard objecting to every new myth. (Fortunately I am likely to play with far more of the former than the latter - the games might not end up as "pure" Glorantha, but I will be kept on my toes....)

Does anyone have any examples of where the GM needed to adjust a Players "new myth", either to make it "more Gloranthan" or just to ensure it still provided a challenge and didn't just wreck the scenario they could share with those of us who suspect we may want to do this in the future....

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_...                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |