Re: Mythic Russia, and Pyrrhic Victories

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 11:06:30 -0000

You would need to decide, either up front, or by negotiation once the dice were rolled what the various levels of success were, where "complete success" meant all kids rescued with no injury to you, and "complete defeat" means you perish alongside them. But you are right that it would be good in such a circumstance to be able to choose to rescue more kids at a cost to yourself (or for the less heroic, to preserve your own skin at a cost to the number of kids you save...)

> > In some films a
> > whole hour is given to the events in such a
> > situation.
>
> Sure, and then we're probably over to extended (where,
> again, there is no way of getting yourself injured
> while succeeding).

The GM can choose to injure you though (at a cost of 7AP per "hurt"), which does allow a certain amount of carrying on in the face of injury, though the player might need to prompt the GM to apply it!