Re: Re: Mythic Russia, and Pyrrhic Victories - yes!

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 12:15:56 +0100 (BST)

I like it. I like it a lot. And since this is a Flaw, and Flaws are free, it's even in the existing rules.

It matches the immediate advantage to the long-term disadvantage automatically, no need for the GM to make decisions. And it works for both simple and extended in one mechanism.

> Final Example: Arthur's facing down Mordred. Mordred
> does really well but Arthur's having none of it, he
> want's the little shit dead. His player talks it
> over
> with the GM and takes a massive 20W4 "run through."
> Mordred goes down in a heap under Excalibur and
> Arthur's got a spear sticking through him.

How did I forget that example when we were trying to prove to Rob that injured victors do happen?

> Cue the "Lob me sword, mush" speech.

And I do like the way you translate Highfalutin' Capitalised Fantasy into Wot They Reely Sed :)

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/