How do I make a charm?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 23:29:44 -0000

My Pracitioner has encountered a surprisingly friendly spirit, out in the wilds of Upland Marsh. It helped her in the last contest she did (something to do with her spending a HP). She's decided she'd like it in a charm.

So, how do I go about doing this? I've found what to do with practice spirits (which as far as she knows this isn't, though she may get a surprise if she looks closer). What p136 says is "Practice spirits have more powers than the simple spirits kept in charms, and are available only from practices. The number, size, and type of practice spirits available are determined by the majestic spirit's relationships."

OK. So this is presumably a "simple spirit kept in charms".

"Practice spirits can be placed into charms, as described above."

Only as far as I can see, it isn't "described above". What am I missing? What ability should I be using? Do I need to do a Spirit Face against 10W3 just to find the thing? Or what? If practitioners spend a lot of their "cult time" making charms, isn't that rather a high resistance for an every-day activity?