Re: Misapplied Worship: Jakaleel the Spindle Hag?

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:07:43 +0000 (GMT)

cMichael Jason Teegarden <mjteegarden_at_...>

> Hi, I have what may be an odd question. Is the
> sorcerous school that worships Jakaleel the Spindle
> Hag an example of institutional misapplied worship?
> If so, they can't call upon Her secret or spirit
> allies. ILH2 shows they have these, though. Yet it
> seems that sorcerous methods regarding her shamanic
> practice counts as misapplied. And I cannot find any
> sourcebook with a theist application of her worship; I
> only find spiritist and sorcerous magic for her
> worshippers.

If you read the opening paragraph of the chapter on the Lunar Way (ILH2 p23) it says. "Lunar magic is similar to Theism, Animism and Wizardry and uses their rules for magical abilities, but it is Lunar magic from the Lunar Otherworld. Lunar Otherworld entities can provide their worshippers with one or more of those methods of magic."

In other words, it isn't misapplied worship just different aspects of Lunar magic. As I understand it this is because the Red Moon (the Lunar Otherwordl) was created from the mundane world and so is inherently mixed. Some Lunar Immortals, like Jakaleel, have different aspects for the different styles of magic, others, like Yanafal Tarnils, have all styles of magic in the same aspect.

Gavain