Re: Concentrating Magic

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 16:45:10 -0700

Paul

>3) When a concentrated character deals with another type of magic,
>however, this ability operates as a flaw. If your character is
>resisting magic that originates in different Otherworld, for example,
>the flaw automatically counts as a 'negative augment' (i.e. -1 per 10
>rating).

YGWV. I don't recall any Gloranthan stories where people became more susceptible to foreign magic as they became skilled in their own.

I'm happier with the apparent misunderstanding of this rule, that there is no binary concentration, and it's a bonus for your own magic (including using your own magic to resist foreign magic!) and a penalty for using a different sort of magic your culture also uses (e.g. a Kolating charm).

I'm happier still with ignoring concentration, for the record.

--

David Dunham