RE: Re: Concentrating Magic

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:41:11 -0500

>YGWV. I don't recall any Gloranthan stories where people became more susceptible to foreign magic as they became skilled in their own.

Well that's hardly an issue for me since I don't play in Glorantha much. But the rationale that I use is not that they become more susceptible, but, rather, that they don't believe in the power opposing them, and, therefore, don't resist as much.

"I am a shaman of Waha, and I know the truth! Your western wizardry is naught but chicanery. Do your worst!"

Then, after getting up off the ground blasted black by wizardry power. "You have summoned some demon from the underworld to smite me... I shall resist this by talking to him in the old speech, and convincing him to smite you instead!"

Then after getting up off the ground... slowly this time... "Ah, I see, I've angered Waha... pardon me as I go off to beseech his forgiveness for not honoring him properly."

You get the idea.

Mike

Can you find the hidden words?  Take a break and play Seekadoo! http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_wlmailtextlink