Re: Re: Two goals?

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 15:18:11 -0400

On September 23, 2007 12:11 pm, Ian Young wrote:

> I believe there's really a very good reason for not nesting extended
> contests: the bookkeeping quagmire. This gets back to our original
> question, after a fashion: How do you shift goals during a conflict
> without creating nested extended contests? To be honest, this isn't a
> problem I've had to deal with in a game, and I don't have a clear
> answer on it, either.

Exactly. That's always been an issue for me. How much does a goal shift result in the end of the original contest, a nesting of a contest, or something else?

That's not even getting into the "a move you can only do once in a contest" issue.

 Now, presumably in order to spring the trap I bid all my AP. The problem is that I can fail but still have AP, or that I can succeed (thus presumably setting the trap off) but not have reduced my opponent to zero.

LC