Re: Chained simple example

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 22:18:45 -0400

On September 23, 2007 04:59 pm, Jane Williams wrote:
> --- "L.Castellucci" <lightcastle_at_...> wrote:
> > I don't think I understand this.
> >

> I don't think I know enough about ships and storms to
> do that.

Neither do I . :)

> How about the Romance contest? Fred the Gormless is
> trying to attract the beautiful Princess Belinda? I
> won't bother with exact ability levels or rolls, as
> I'd only get them wrong and confuse us all. He's
> trying to increase her "in love with Fred" ability, or
> at least her "has noticed Fred" ability (it can get
> renamed later). Starting resistances are in the table
> of samples.

<snip>

> And at this point Fred's player and the GM probably
> agree that that's quite enough of that. The end
> results get written in on the character sheet.
> Intermediate results generally "heal" before the next
> contest, the final one (Belinda adores me) does not.
>
> I hope that helps at least a bit? If there's any silly
> mistakes in there, put it down to either me being a
> Bear of Little Brain, or the effects of this cold :(

Well... it does. But it just seems a series of somewhat related contests.

Which is fine, and something I do now. But it seems it stops in terms of "achieving a goal" when someone gets a complete victory. I do use this. I thought your "chained simple contest" had more... chaining to it.

Huh.

LC