Re: Chained simple example

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:07:58 +0100 (BST)

Yes, that's right. With no auto-heal between them.

> Which is fine, and something I do now. But it seems
> it stops in terms of
> "achieving a goal" when someone gets a complete
> victory.

No, it stops whenever the participants decide it should stop. You're achieving little bits of your overall goal (or not) at every step, you decide when you've got as far as you want to. Fred could have given up at the point where he got injured, not wanting to make a bad situation any worse.

> I do use this. I
> thought your "chained simple contest" had more...
> chaining to it.

Well, that's what I do. Others may do something more complicated (see previous comments about bears of little brain). The chaining comes in when you're trying to use an ability that's been "injured" in a previous round. This is particularly obvious in combat, or anything else where you're taking minuses to "all physical" due to physical injury.

Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html