How do you handle one-off blessings

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:47:34 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All

I was reading with interest Greg's comments on the World of Glorantha list about scarificing to other gods in a pantheon especially this statement:

"We can sacrifice to any of the deities of our pantheon and obtain a blessing."

How would you guys handle this? My initial thought was to have the blessing at rating 13, but this makes the idea of assistance from other gods as rather weak. Especially as some cults are mainly worshiped on a one off basis e.g Vinga the Avenger and Orvanshagor Dragonslayer. As a devout Orlanthi you would hope for a bonus of more than +1 when going to fight a dragon!

Gavain