Re: Welcome...

From: Stephen McGinness <stephenmcg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 22:10:42 +0100

You talking about me?

I bought Hero Wars when it came out and upgraded to Heroquest. I played for the first time when Bruce Ferrie generously came to my house to do a demo session for my group and have been following lists etc quite closely since then. HW/HQ piques my interest and I love aspects of the system but think I am more likely to use it for superheroes than for Glorantha.

I have been playing RPGs since1977 and RQII was my first D&D alternative and my frinds and I played RQ almost exclusively until RQIII was produced. I dont think I ever played more than one or two evenings with those rules. We moved to Champions and a range of other games.

I came back to Glorantha with issue 14 of Tales of the Reaching Moon and ran a few games of RQII for a local group of kids.

Tried HW/HQ with my own gaming group and then put it down again. Something not quite right for us.

I am now running what I look to develop into a fusion of RQ and HQ in Glorantha and so far it is going well.

I am not going to Tentacles - real life far too busy for such things....

Stephen