Re: Re: Vanganth

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 19:51:28 +0200

David Dunham 00-06-04 18.44

>> I tried including Vanganth in my narrative, but my Narrator thought that
>> it gave me a whole bunch of skills for very few words. I changed it to
>> just the Flying affinity, most of those skills were of marginal use
>> anyway.
>
>I think your Narrator was a cheapskate -- after all, if you're in a
>second cult, you have a second set of obligations. (The requirements
>for piety are sadly not very detailed in the game so far.)

Well, our difference of opinion was mainly about the time investment required. Since the character was already an Orlanth Adventurous devotee, the Narrator thought I should give 60+30=90%. I thought it should be 60+10=70%, since it's a subcult.

After arguing about it awhile, we agreed that the rules on subcults are fairly vague. ;-)

So to avoid the whole tangled mess I made the character one of those rare orlanthi mentioned on p.64 who have an inborn flight ability...

The Narrator _did_ let me take Lightning Spear and Shield of Arran as teeny-tiny subcults with just the single feat each, though. He even agreed with me that these should be raised according to normal ability costs, not as affinites. So he's not all bad. :-)

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg