Re: the new extended contest

From: vurt500 <Toksickburn_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 03:26:32 -0000

Thank you Henk !

> The new extended contest is in essence a series of simple contest where
> either party gains between 1,2,3 and 5 resolution points per contest.

So you gain 1, 2, 3 or 5 RP but not 4 ???

My guess would be, you gain 1RP with each margin of success.... marginal - 1RP
minor - 2RP
major - 3RP
complete - 4RP

Is that correct ?

> The extended contest ends when one party acquires 5 RP.

5 RP so that you cannot win an extended contest in one round ?

> So you can win with a score of 5 while your opponent scored 4, implying
> a Phyrric victory - you achieved your goal, but at great cost.

Does this mean, the winners margin of success determines the level of success, while the margin of the loosers succes determines at what cost the winner gets his victory ?

greets

Christian