Re: Welcome...

From: Keith Nellist <keithnellist_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 22:57:39 +1000

> * (How long) have you been playing HeroQuest, or
> are you new to the game?

I first played Hero Wars in a playtest with Robin Laws at Convulsion. I used the brief page summary to try out the resolution system for a wargame in my Blood Kings War campign. So, I've been using it/versions of it for a long time. My favourite publication is the rules summary from the deluxe Hero Wars box. It's really all you need to play - gets rid of the Keyword blather.

I'm Keith, an Inventory Planner, previously in Rochdale, England, currently in Sydney, Australia.

> * How long have you been playing RPGs, and what
> attracted you to HQ?

I've been playing RPG's since 1980. I picked up a flyer from a stall at the model engineers exhibition which had an ad D&D on one side and White Bear Red Moon on the other. I got D&D first, but always thought the blurb for WBRM sounded so fantastic that when I eventually got Dragon Pass, the boardgame, 5 years later, I was very pleased.

> * Are you attending Tentacles this weekend?

No, I did not. It is too far from Sydney.

I'm currently not RPGing, but am working on a Fortunate Succession version of the boardgaem Britannia, and a Big Rubble version of the Judge Dredd boardgame. One day I might finish a Heroquest/boardgame crossover of Balastor's Last Stand.

Keith