Re: Welcome...

From: Evan Franke <justice94510_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 12:29:38 -0000

Hello,

My name is Evan Franke. I have become interested in HeroQuest in the last year or so. I have yet to play it, as I don't have a regular group anymore and my kids (8 and 10) are just at the early stages of being old enough to be interested in RPGs.

I started gaming about 30 years ago with good old AD&D. In high school, my group switched from AD&D to RQ2 for our main campaigns and I was hooked. I had most of the catalog of RQ2 and eventually the RQ3 Glorantha materials. I ran a group through Borderlands and Griffen Mountain. Good times.

However, after getting married, moving several times, and finishing up schooling ang getting my first professional job after my first child was born, I ended up clearing out a huge amount of gaming stuff, including just about all of my Gloranthan materials.

This was in the interregnum between the "death" of RQ3 a a viable host for Glorantha and before the appearance of HeroQuest (and now also MRQ) on the scene.

So, now its a new day in Glorantha, I might have some gaming on the horizon, and I am trying to figure out what's it all about now. New rules, new takes on the approach to Glorantha, and a lot more information.

One of the ways I thought I could sort it out was to join this group and see what the good, the bad and the house rules turn up.

I will probably be mostly lurking, but thanks for having me.

Have not made it to Tentacles so far. Wrong side of the pond.