Re: Welcome...

From: aureclepius <cruzmorales_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 00:25:26 -0000

Hello, my name is Carlos, I'm a fellow Gloranthaphile from Spain.

> * (How long) have you been playing HeroQuest, or
> are you new to the game?

Sadly, I've never played the game :(. I've got the old HeroWars Deluxe and the Spanish translation of "HeroQuest" and the "Imperial Lunar Handbook 1", as well as "Thunder Rebels", "Storm Tribe" and "Barbarian Adventures" (only in PDF).

I've used "Thunder Rebels", "Storm Tribe" and "Barbarian Adventures" as background to play a campaign based in "Taming of Dragon Pass", using a slighty modified set of the "PenDragon Pass" rules.

I hope someday I'll get copies of "Masks of Pavis", "Legacy of Pavis" and the new "HeroQuest" ruleset to play a good old Pavis Campaign with brand new rules ;).

> * How long have you been playing RPGs, and what
> attracted you to HQ?

Since 1989, with the old MERP by ICE (Spanish translation). One year later I bought RuneQuest and my love for the system grew quickly. Then "Genertela" and "Gods of Glorantha" hooked me into Glorantha.

HeroWars attracted me because of my love for Glorantha, but the rules were too alien for my group. HeroQuest was a great leap forward concerning editing and presentation, but I still believe the ruleset can be improved. I have great hopes concerning the new ruleset, and I'll buy it ASAP.

> * Are you attending Tentacles this weekend?

No, too far away and too few free-time for me.

Best regards,
Carlos