Re: Re: Welcome...

From: Blackberry <anthrobunny_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 18:14:51 -0700

Hi! My name is Brian and I'm a Gloranthaphile too!

> * (How long) have you been playing HeroQuest, or
> are you new to the game?

I'm new to it. Never played HQ.

> * How long have you been playing RPGs, and what
> attracted you to HQ?

I've been playing RPGs since 1976. I started with the Basic D&D box with the Erol Otus red dragon cover that went to 3rd level. Around 1980, I discovered people playing this radical new game called RuneQuest, with no classes or levels, so I jumped right in, and I've played RQ off and on ever since.

I was scheduled to start up a new RuneQuest 3rd edition campaign, but then my life interfered, and I'm splitting up and selling my house. So I'm switching the campaign to HeroQuest to make it much easier on me and on the players.

What first drew me to HQ was the concept of the APs and the bidding system for actions.

> * Are you attending Tentacles this weekend?

No. I should look up what it is.

--
"I guess I like board games more than most people. And by that I mean
I like playing board games more than most people do, and I like board