HQ2, cultural key-words, runes.....

From: Bryan <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:37:49 -0000

>From odds and bobs posted on various forums, it seems that in HQ2
Gloranthans will generally have some number of runes. It was mentioned in at least one example that all Heortling males get the storm rune, while all Heortling females get the earth rune.

We know that there is a Heortling cults book coming out, so this should be better explained and illustrated there.

There is apparently a new campaign setting coming out for Prax, which will presumably give cultural runes for praxians and maybe some other relevent cultures (sun dome templers, frex).

But in HQ1 ten cultural key words were listed, and in other HQ1 era publications we've added a lot more: various lunar homelands (ILH1) and the peoples around Fay Jee (BoG) being two sets that jump to mind.  Out of all of these cultures, some will probably be pretty straight forward (say Dara Happan), but others are probably much less clear (such as Wenelians, or Puma People).

Is there any plans to either offer a Gloranthan survey of some sort, or issue web errata for those older books, to outline how those will be under HQ2?

Not demanding this in outrage, just some mental mapping of what information will be available when, so I know what to wait for, and what to work on making up for myself.

--Bryan