Re: HQ2, cultural key-words, runes.....

From: Bryan <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 01:03:50 -0000

> Wenelia is a bit awkward, since it's mainly HQ 1 Common Magic and that
> isn't quite covered. I'd say treat them as either Storm-worshipping
> theists or Spiritists and probably most males at least will have the
> Storm Rune.

Errrrr, I hope that can be re-phrased in a less disturbing way....one of the big changes from HW to HQ was the addition of common magic. One of the big changes from RQ to HW was the focussed nature of magic.  It took a lot of time and a lot of virtual ink spilled each time to make that adjustment.

Please tell me that common magic still exists, and people still have odds and bobs of simple magic, beyond the big rune stuff. If we are switching yet again it would make me a bit dizzy.....

So I hope that is 'common magic isn't explained in much detail in the appendix, but of course it can still exist under the normal ability rules' or some such........I hope!