Augmenting One Ability With Another

From: Guy Hoyle <guy.hoyle_at_...>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 23:50:08 -0600

I've borrowed the Heroquest 2.7 Playtest rules from a friend, and I have a question about combining abilities. In the "Combined Abilities" section on page 114, players can average two disparate abilities together when the Narrator rules that the goal cannot hope to be achieved using only one. Following the example, the rule states that "Combining abilities, rather than using the best one and then augmenting it with the other, is always a disadvantage to the character."

I can't find the rule that tells me how to augment one ability with the other (I don't have a high rating in Spot Obvious, probably). Can someone point this out to me or explain it? Be gentle, this is the first time I've read this set of rules.

Thanks in advance,

Guy (Hoyle)