Re: Re: Augmenting One Ability With Another

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:27:02 +0000 (GMT)

> >_tim_at_timellis_ (mailto:tim@ timellis) said:
> >If your HQ1 Troll has "Grapple 5W", "Large 3W", "Strong 17"
> >and "Always Hungry 17" and you are always going to apply Large,
> >Strong and Always Hungry then either upgrade his grapple 11W (+2 for
> >each automatic augment) - or just assume the 5W already includes
> >them. (Providing you treat all abilities in the same manner, I don't
> >think it is particularly important which way you do it).
>
> But doesnt that also mean that you drop Large, Strong and Always Hungry and
> have less abilities you can use for variety or different strategies in an
> extended contest ?

Not necesarily from what I have heard described of the new rules the augmentation is variable and can be quite substantial.  So the troll augments his Grapple 5W with his Troll Beserker 17 keyword, rolling a variable augmentation to see how Hungry, Strong etc he is feeling at the moment since all these abilities would fit into his troll keyword.

Doesn't stop the same troll from switching abilities in the extended contest to use a variety of strategies.

Gavain