Re: 2 handgrenades

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 10:59:03 -0000

IMG (I don't play HQ rules in a modern background, but we do have hadngranades in our glorantha):

so, with APs and the like?

> The cave is inhabitated by primitive small, goblin-like creatures,
5ft
> tall and they also have a goblin-mutation with them, which is
10foot tall.
> So i handle them as a horde.

right: a horde (IMG) where the big leader has the TN ability and the minions are AP batteries.

> The horde chases the adventurers so one of the characters throws
two
> handgrenades to stop them.

IMO, throwing two grandes doubles (or so) the explosion but reduces the aim: in a cavern, aiming a grenade is relevant because I suppose your heroes do not like to be buried under the cave themselves.

> I treat the handgrenade attack as a normal ability of the
characters
> military training keyword (no edges or fixed weapon-boni), with the
> advantage of an area effect, plus he gets a bonus because the
grenades
> explode in a cave and another bonus because the ceiling partly
caves
> in from the blast.
> So lets say he gets a bonus of +40.

The task is: make the ceiling fall down without harming our forces. I think your bonus is too high.

> But how about the second handgrenade ?
> Whats the difference between throwing one handgrenade or two in
rule> terms ?
> Does the character get an auto augment from his *throw
handgrenade* to> the *throw handgrenade* ? (lets say he has throw handgrenade 5M, so he
> gets an auto-augment of +3).

I would say the throwing guy gets a malus (two thrown missile weapons in a single rolls are more difficult to aim than a single thrown missile weapon) of -3 to his throwing skill.

> Is there a better way of doing this ?

Better I don't know, different surely yes :-)

The two handgrandes could be managed as (much) bigger AP wager (even more APs than the thrower has) PLUS malus to the target number because of the two throws in a single roll/round.

Ciao,
Gian