Re: Singing 10%, Snooker 85% (was: stuff)

From: continuum2008 <Continuum2008_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:34:00 -0000

For most of my games recently , especially my Firefly and Supernatural games I haven't used any lists of abilities or ratings. Most of my NPCs or locations are now 100 word narratives and I draw out abilities from them when I run a contest.

It seems work work out better for me as I never know what the players will do in any situation and will often come up with some fantastic ideas and solutions.

Graham Spearing wrote:
> ttrotsky2 wrote:
> > While I can't be sure of all the mechanics, I think it's a
> > fair assessment that the narrativist tone that Ian and others
> > find so cool will be in the final draft. There have also
> > been pretty clear statements about the Book of Sartar,
> > among others, not having numbered stats for anything, > >
> > so we can probably be confident of that much, too.
>
> Fair enough. I am actually going to be OK with no NPC stats in the
> new books. What I hope there are are lots of evocatively
> worded 'abilities'.
> Give me that for flavour and I can do the rest with my own blend.

For those that want numbers they can be scribbled in on the descriptions before play for a HQ1 game?

Darran