Re: Re: Singing 10%, Snooker 85% (was: stuff)

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 07:43:23 EST

ian_hammond_cooper said:

>snip*and come up with a suitable
>resistance for your story (using the pass/fail cycle as appropriate)r
>To help I have noted significant abilities that are key to the
>character. You may want to narrate the use of these abilities when you
>need a High or Very High resistance class. Some people are famed for
>their abilities. I note these as legendary abilities. You can use
>these when the resistance is very challenging, a Very High or even a
>Nearly Impossible resistance.

This is all hard to follow if you dont belong to the privileged people who already own the new rules.

I have a vague understanding how the new rules will work, but can somebody plaese explain some basic concepts ?!

What exactly means pass/fail cycle ?

>From what i get, the new HQ has rules for setting up and modifying the
resistance, so that dramatic tension is created ?

What is a high or very high resistance ?

Does it mean certain modifiers are added to the base resistance, that is chosen when the game starts ?